Domaine du Pesquier is a family owned wine estate for four generations, situated in the heart of the GIGONDAS appellation. The history of its vineyards goes as far back as 1556, when they belonged to the Princes of Orange.
The actual estate has been created in the 1950s, producing olive oil as well. After the strong frosts of 1956, destroying almost all olive groves, Domaine du Pesquier was restructured. The vineyards and the wine became an important part of it, but it was only in 1971, when Gigondas obtained its proper A.O.C. status, that wine became the leading product of the domaine
Raymond Boutiere started selling the ﬁrst Cuvée of the domaine in 1965, still under a Côtes-du -Rhône Villages label; together with his son Guy, brought a signiﬁcant incentive for the development of the estate.
Nowadays, Guy and Mathieu Boutiere cultivate some 24 hectares of vines (17 hectares in A.O.P. Gigondas, 1 hectare in A.O.P. Vacqueyras, 2 hectares in A.O.P. Côtes-du-Rhône, and 4 hectares in Vin de Pays de Vaucluse), respecting the terroirs and traditions. Only red wine is produced.